The City of Mountlake Terrace requires permits for remodeling activities. Application forms for permits and land use approval as well as checklists are provided below in a printable format. The Master Permit Application is required with all permits. The information on the Master Permit Application will accompany completed checklists.
|Master Permit Application |
|Building and Fire Permit Application Fees|
When signing the permit application, you are certifying that you are the owner of record of the named property, or that the proposed work is authorized by the owner of record and that you have been authorized by the owner to make this application as his/her authorized agent.
State Building Code Council (SBCC) fees applicable to all building permits will be as follows:
Residential Building Permits: $6.50 fee to the SBCC for each building permit.
Commercial Building Permits: $25.00 fee to the SBCC for each building permit. An additional surcharge of $2.00 will be applied for each residential unit after the first unit.
Once the form has been completed, you may submit them in one of the following ways:
1. Email: PermitSpecialist@ci.mlt.wa.us
2. Fax: 425-775-0420
3. Hand-delivery to Interim City Hall, 6100 219th Street SW, Suite 200, Mountlake Terrace
It is important to provide all required documentation with the permit application. Please refer to the applicable checklist. The required fee(s), payable by cash or check, will be due at the time the permit application is submitted. If you have specific questions or suggestions, please call 425-744-6278.
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multifamily Application (PDF)
- Building Permit - Commercial/Multi-family Intake Checklist (PDF)
- Building Permit - Single Family Residential Building Application
- Building Permit - Single Family Residential Intake Checklist
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Demolition Permit
- Electrical Application (PDF)
- Fence Application (PDF)
- Master Permit Application