Puget Sound Energy’s (PSE) gas main upgrade along 236th Street SW from I-5 to 56th Avenue W has progressed into the 236th Street SW/56th Avenue West intersection. Construction in and near the intersection is expected to occur over the next two weeks. During this time, roadway lanes will shift and may be reduced to one travel lane with flaggers and the intersection controlled by police. This may cause delays. Alternate routes are strongly recommended and detours may occur.
PSE’s work is scheduled in anticipation of the city’s “Main Street” Reconstruction project. PSE’s upgrading of their gas main will reduce the likelihood that later utility work will cut and patch the reconstructed 236th Street SW surface.
2. 52nd Ave W between 219th St & 220th St
Temporary lane closures may occur while school construction is ongoing.
3. 220th St SW / 70th Ave W Pavement restoration within and near the 220th St SW / 70th Ave W intersection will
occur but is dependent on weather. Work will occur within the intersection and may
be controlled by a police officer. Closures are limited to occurring on weekdays
between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
4. 51st Ave W between 219th St SW & 217th St SW Pavement is planned but is dependent on weather. Lane closures will occur during
daytimes and local access will be maintained.
5. 228th St SW sidewalk Lane closures will occur during asphalt restoration, but is weather dependent.
6. 244th St SW-NE 205th St between Gateway Blvd & 56th Ave W Construction activity south of the roadway is ongoing and temporary lane shifts are expected. No roadway closures are anticipated.