Besides flood prevention, water quality protection, and maintenance of public storm water conveyance systems, the division provides the following services:
- Emergency response - If you observe anything that might be an emergency, such as flooding, fish or wildlife kill, or drain cover missing, call 425-670-8264.
- Advice on drainage around your home - Is your basement or crawl space wet or damp? Are there pools in your yard for long periods after a rainfall? If so, your property may have a drainage problem. Although law does not permit city staff to work on private property, they can come out to your home and give you advice. Call 425-670-8264.
- Water quality compliance to meet state and federal requirements - Cities nationwide are now required to provide programs preventing and controlling storm water pollution. City staff will investigate all reports of surface water quality problems and provide technical assistance to private and commercial property owners to comply with state and local standards. The utility is also conducting drainage system work on city maintained systems to meet local and national water quality standards.
- Private system maintenance inspection - The utility routinely inspects private and commercial storm water conveyance systems to assure optimum functioning of the entire city system. For information, call 425-670-8264.
- Educational programs - The Storm Water Educational Program provides presentations to schools, businesses, homeowners groups and the Mountlake Terrace Seniors group.