Dance Academy Classes
Don't wait to register for Second Semester. Classes are filling up!
School Year Calendar
2016 - 2017
- First Semester: September 12 -January 28th
- Costume Carnival: October 29th
- No class Halloween: October 31st
- Thanksgiving Break: November 24th - 26th
- Winter Concert: December 10th
- Winter Break: December 19th -January 2nd
- No Class MLK Day: January 16th
- Second Semester: January 30 - June 17
- No Class PRS Day: February 20th
- Spring Break: April 3rd - April 8th
- Memorial Day Break: May 27th - May 29th
- June Recital Stage Rehearsal: June 4th
- June Recital 2 Shows: June 10th
Second Semester Registration Begins December 1st.
Students currently enrolled in first semester don't need to fill out more paper work. But please register right away for second semester so you don't loose your spot. First semester classes run through January.
New students wishing to participate need to register at the pavilion. Links to the registration forms are at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about placement please contact Chloe Davenport. (425) 640-3107. Students are encouraged to start as soon as possible in the new year. First semester classes can be prorated.
To view classes with price click here and turn to page 16 & 17.
To view our "quick view" of the Dance Academy Class Schedule click here.
Our excellent staff provide instruction in Creative Dance, Creative Pre-Ballet, Ballet levels I-V, Pre/Pointe, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern Dance, Tap and Tap/Ballet Combo, Hip Hop, Irish Step. These classes provide a structured approach to dance, with an emphasis on technique, creativity and building self esteem. We strive to bring each dancer to their best movement and artistic potential while remaining open and inclusive.
Students may register by semester, or for the full year. Dancers who register for the full year receive a discount. Students may enter the program any time. However, all dancers will be evaluated in their first class for proper placement at the teacher and directors discretion to ensure all students are properly challenged. Students dancing in the fall have the opportunity to perform in the Winter Dance Concert. Spring semester dancers are invited to perform in our formal year-end recital. Good attendance, a minimum of 75% of classes before the performance, is required to perform in any show.
The Winter Dance concert is less formal; students borrow costume pieces to accessorize their dress code/classroom attire. Dancers have the option of purchasing a video of this performance. June Recital dancers are required to purchase costumes and attend a dress/stage rehearsal, and will have the option of purchasing recital photos and videos. Tickets will be available for purchase. Please see our dance program policies at the link below for more information.
How to Register
- Read our Dance Program Policies
- Sign the policies acknowledgment form
- Fill out the registration form
- Fill out the Children's Emergency, Health and Development form
- Bring them all into the pavilion and turn them in at the front desk with your payment