Dance Academy Classes
Second Semester Starts February 5th
Winter Quarterly Dance is ongoing. Check out all of out classes in the Craze!
School Year Calendar
- First Semester: September 11th -February 3rd
- Costume Carnival: October 28th
- No class Halloween: October 31st
- No classes Veterans Day - November 11th
- Thanksgiving Break: November 22th - 25th
- Winter Concert: TBA
- Winter Break: December 18th -January 1st
- No Class MLK Day: January 16th
- Second Semester: February 5th - June 16th
- No Class PRS Day: February 19th
- Spring Break: April 2nd - April 7th
- Memorial Day Break: May 25th - May 28th
- June Recital Stage Rehearsal: June 3rd
- June Recital 2 Shows: June 9th
Our excellent staff provide instruction in Creative Dance, Creative Pre-Ballet, Ballet levels I-VI, Pre/Pointe, Lyrical, Jazz levels I-VI, Tap Levels I-IV and Tap/Ballet Combo, Hip Hop levels I-IV, and Irish Step levels I-V. These classes provide a structured approach to dance, with an emphasis on technique, creativity and building self esteem. We strive to bring each dancer to their best movement and artistic potential while remaining open and inclusive.
Students may register by semester, or for the full year and must be 3.5 years old by September 15th 2017. Dancers who register for the full year receive a discount. Students may enter the program any time. However, all dancers will be evaluated in their first class for proper placement at the teacher and directors discretion to ensure all students are properly challenged. Students dancing in the fall have the opportunity to perform in the Winter Dance Concert. Spring semester dancers are invited to perform in our formal year-end recital. Good attendance, a minimum of 75% of classes before the performance, is required to perform in any show.
The Winter Dance concert is less formal; students borrow costume pieces to accessorize their dress code/classroom attire. Dancers have the option of purchasing a video of this performance. June Recital dancers are required to purchase costumes and attend a dress/stage rehearsal, and will have the option of purchasing recital photos and videos. Tickets will be available for purchase. Please see our dance program policies at the link below for more information.
- Never wear your dance shoes outside. Always change your shoes at the studio door.
- Everyone's hair must be secured off their face so they can focus on learning to move.
- Jeans and other non flexible fabrics are not appropriate for dance.
Boys - sweats or shorts and a plain t-shirt, bare feet
Girls - any color leotard, footless tights or leggings, bare feet
Creative Pre-Ballet & Ballet I-VI
Boys - plaint t-shirt, black tights or leggings, black leather ballet shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes
Level II-VI must have their hair in a bun. Pre-Ballet & Level I are practicing buns.
Tap & Ballet
Boys - plain t-shirt, black leggings, black leather ballet shoes & black tap shoes
Girls - black leotard, pink tights, pink leather ballet shoes, hair in a ponytail or bun
*Tap shoe fasteners are for sale at the front desk and shorten the time it takes to change shoes
Tap / Jazz / Jazz combo classes / Lyrical
Boys & Girls - black jazz pants, plain t-shirt or leotard
Tap shoes, Jazz shoes, Bare Feet - respectively
Boys & Girls - clean dance sneakers that haven't been worn outside, sportswear
Irish Step Dance
Boys & Girls - sportswear, black ghillies or black ballet slippers
How to Register
- Read our Dance Program Policies
- Sign the policies acknowledgment form (children 7 and older also need to sign)
- Fill out the registration form
- Fill out the Children's Emergency, Health and Development form
- Bring them all into the pavilion and turn them in at the front desk with your payment