Engineering Construction Permits
City Website Portal
Mail/Drop-off*23204 58th Avenue W
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Appointment Required with Permit Specialist
*The Development Permit intake box is located by the front door to City Hall during business hours. To begin processing, a permit specialist will confirm receipt, and provide an invoice of fees due.
Your project must have issued permits on-site, require workers to be six-feet apart, and have a developed exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan. Washington State Department of Labor & Industries will enforce requirements for contractors to comply with comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation, recovery plans and safety practices.
Current engineering standards, guidelines, fee schedules, checklists and application forms are listed below. The Permit Contact Information Form is required with most applications. Please refer to the proper checklist to determine if it needs to be included with your submittal.
It is important to provide all required documentation, specified on the checklists and guidelines, with the complete permit application. The required fee(s) will be due at the time the permit application is submitted. Please consult the Permit FAQ’s to address questions you may have. If your question is not on our FAQs, please fill out the Ask a Permit Specialist Form.
- 425-744-6267 for Building, Fire and Engineering permits
- 425-744-6284 for Planning and Land Use approvals
Engineering Application Forms
- Affidavit of Application Status
- Civil Site Permit Application
- Clearing and Grading Permit
- Communication-Utility Application
- Driveway Application
- Hydrant Use Application
- Landscape Irrigation Application and Checklist
- Landscape Irrigation Plan Revision
- Landscape Requirements
- Permit Contact Information - Required with all permits
- Permit Transfer Form
- Request to Discontinue Water and Sewer Service
- Right of Way Types Application
- Sanitary Sewer Application (with Example Drawing)
- Temporary Erosion and Sedimentation Control (TESC) Permit Application
- Water Meter Application
- Water Meter Installation Request Form