BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The City of Mountlake Terrace is an Acceptance Facility for United States Passport Services. Extra precautions are taken to ensure the integrity of the passport application process.
You may submit your application and obtain a photo ($15.00 per person) at the Interim City Hall between the hours listed below.
Hours, excluding holidays (Effective October 30, 2017):
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
1) Call for Appointment and all applicants must be present. Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians. Ages 16-17 must have one parent accompany them.
2) Certified Birth Certificate OR previously issued U.S. Passport OR Certificate of Naturalization.
3) Children 15 and under who have previously been issued a passport must submit the passport and a certified long form copy of their birth certificate. Hospital certificates of birth are NOT acceptable.
4) One current passport photo – 2 x 2 square with white or off white background. Photos may be purchased onsite for $15.00.
5) Identification (Valid & Current Driver’s License).
6) Social Security Number for all applicants regardless of age.
One personal check or money order (per applicant) should be made out to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE for the following fees:
Adult Passport Book (Age 16 & older) -
$110.00 [Valid for 10 years]
Adult Passport Card - $30.00
Adult Passport Book & Card - $140.00
Minor Passport Book (Under Age 16) -
$80.00 [Valid for 5 years]
Minor Passport Card - $15.00
Minor Passport Book & Card - $95.00
Expedited Fee $60.00 per applicant
Additionally: City of Mountlake Terrace Fee is $25.00 processing fee per applicant and/or $15.00 photo fee.
The city's fees must be made using a separate check, credit card, or cash.
Allow 4-6 weeks for routine processing and 2-3 weeks for expedited processing.
Contact National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at
1-877-487-2778 for other questions.
Visit http://travel.state.gov for more information and to download forms.