The City of Mountlake Terrace invites you to visit the new City Hall and Police Station addition that will open to the public Monday, August 1. City Hall will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the Police Station is open 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
The Civic Campus Project includes a new 18,600-square-foot City Hall, a 3,100-square-foot addition to the Police Station, and a public plaza. While there are still construction items on the punch list to be completed, they do not prevent the city from resuming in-person business.
“Thank you to our community for wholeheartedly supporting the $12.5 million bond measure that funded this project,” Community Relations Director Virginia Clough said. “Strong public participation in the planning and design process resulted in nearly 70 percent approval. As a community, we can all take great pride in that.”
City services have undergone changes over the past 28 months during the pandemic and project construction. During this time:
- Utility billing has added an auto pay option. A transition between billing vendors is ongoing.
- Permit submittal is now handled electronically.
- City Council and board/commission meetings are held in hybrid format, meaning attendees can participate in person and online.
- Passport applications will not be taken yet due to staffing and training needs, but the city would like to resume this service at a later date.
- A self-service kiosk will be coming to the lobby. This is meant to help customers access the Permit Portal and other services.
To learn more about the Civic Campus reconstruction and City Hall history, please view our YouTube video that was created in 2021 by the city in partnership with MLTNews.com, Reefcombers Studio and W Video.
We look forward to serving the public again in person and thank everyone for their patience with the construction, the pandemic and staffing shortages. Re-opening is just one step forward of many as we continue to streamline services, improve technology, and foster a sense of community.
The new lobby. Just past the permit desk is a customer service/utility billing counter.