Off-Leash Dog Park
5303 228th Street SW
Located northeast of the Recreation Pavilion, the Off-Leash Dog Park is about three-quarters of an acre in size and positioned in the woods of Terrace Creek Park. It is completely fenced and provides a double gate system, benches, information kiosk, and waste disposal container.
Mountlake Terrace Dog Off-Leash Group
Mountlake Terrace Dog Off-Leash Group (MLT D.O.G.), a volunteer group of residents who spearheaded development of the dog park, is responsible for maintenance and operation of the Off-Leash Dog Park. Visit their Facebook page to learn more.
Mountlake Terrace Off-Leash Dog Park Rules
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy and wearing a collar and identification at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering/exiting leashes must be in owners' possession at all times.
- Owners must keep their dogs in view and maintain voice control at all times. Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Owners must locate and remove all dog waste; an appropriate waste receptacle is provided.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - owners must immediately remove their dogs upon the first sign of aggression.
- Dogs must be discouraged from digging - owners shall fill any holes.
- Food/beverages/smoking/alcohol/picnicking and camping are prohibited, and owners shall comply with all other Mountlake Terrace park rules and regulations.
- Dogs that are ill, injured or in heat, or that have been declared dangerous or potentially dangerous, are prohibited.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs' behavior and actions and are liable for any injuries caused by them.
- Puppies under four months old are prohibited.
- Limit is 3 dogs per person.
- Children age 14 and under must be supervised.
- Be cautious with dog toys; some dogs don't like to share. Bringing toys/food/treats into this park is done at owners' risk.
Any person bringing a dog into this facility assumes the legal responsibility, jointly and severally, with the owner of the dog, for any damage, disease or injury to persons, other dogs or property, caused by the dog. All persons using the facility, by entering it, agree to indemnify the City and hold the City harmless for any harm resulting from the use of this facility. Please call 911 with any emergencies.
Failure to follow the above regulations may result in civil fines of $200, exclusion from the Off-Leash Dog Park, and/or potential closure of the Park.
For the benefit of everyone in our community, please remember to leave our dog park nicer than you found it. Thank you!
Facility may need to be closed for periodic maintenance.