Long Range Planning and Systems Program is a division of the Community and Economic Development Department. The mission of Long Range Planning is to develop guidance and information, encouraging public involvement and achieving healthy, long-term community advancement in the following ways:
- Provide support to the Planning Commission and the City Council for decisions or recommendations on various plans, policies, and development regulations;
- Develop and maintain the Comprehensive Plan, along with various proposals and standards for community development, preservation, and disaster recovery;
- Facilitate the City's participation in the countywide Commute Trip Reduction Program;
- Encourage economic development, environmental protection, affordable housing for all income levels and efficient transportation in coordination with other local governments; and
- Manage maps and underlying data through a geographic information system (GIS).