Records Division

Police Department Public Records Request

You may submit a request for Public Records, including copies of case reports from the Police Department.  Active cases may not be available for disclosure. 

Copy of an Accident Report

Accident reports may be obtained through Crashlogic website for a service fee of $16.00 per report.

Accident reports for collisions that occurred on or after May 16th, 2018 may be obtained through CrashDocs website for a service fee of $10.00 per report. Reports are generally available within 24-48 business hours.

You may also request a copy of an Accident Report at the Police Department for a fee of $10.00.

Criminal History Checks

You may contact the Washington State Patrol WATCH program to obtain criminal history information. The Police Department does not give out criminal history information.

Warrant Information

If you are inquiring about a warrant, you must contact the court that would have issued the warrant. The Police Department does not give out information on outstanding warrants.

  1. Police Department

    Physical Address
    23250 58th Avenue W
    Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

    Fax 425-776-5788
    Emergency Phone 911

    For General Questions
    Contact the Police Department

    Reporting Non-Emergency
    Phone: 425-407-3999

    Monday - Friday
    7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Violations Bureau

Apply for a Public Defender:

  • City of Mountlake Terrace, John Fabian
    Call: 425-776-1161
    In Person: 23204 58th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

Methods of Verification:

Approval and appointment of a Public Defender depends upon your income. You will need to submit an application and proof of income and expenses. Paperwork you should bring as proof includes (1 or 2 items from the list below):

  • Financial screening form (English/Español)
  • Pay Stubs (2 most recent)
  • Social Security Insurance Award letter
  • DSHS General Assistance Award Letter (EBT)
  • Employment Security Benefits Report* (whether you are working or not), view the  Employment Security Benefits Report 
  • Tax Return (most current)
  • Savings/Checking Account Information/Statement
  • Qualified Domestic Order (Child Support Enforcement Receiving)

*Note: The Employment Security Benefits Report is a "Data Mall Printout" that you can request from:

18009 Highway 99, Suite #A
Lynnwood, WA 98037

You will need to provide your Social Security Number.

The standard that is used to determine eligibility is 150% of the National Poverty Guidelines.

  1. Tickets
  2. Courts/Hearings
  3. Jail Information

Paying Tickets

You may pay fines by check, cash or credit or debit card during business hours. There is a secure Violations Payment box outside of the lobby for after-hours for payments.

Tickets must be paid within 15 days from the date they were issued.

Please note: After 15 days, tickets are forwarded to the COURT and the Police Department can no longer accept payments or requests for hearings.

Proof of Insurance

If you received a ticket for not having Proof of Insurance, and you had insurance at the time that you were stopped, you may provide proof of insurance and pay a $25 administrative fee.

If you received a ticket for another traffic violation AND for not having Proof of Insurance, but were insured at the time you were stopped, you may bring proof of insurance to the Police Department and:

  • Pay the fine amount for the other traffic violation AND a $25 Administrative fee, OR
  • Pay the $25 Administrative Fee and request a hearing for the other violation
    You may also request a court hearing for both violations with or without showing proof of insurance.
    If you did NOT have Insurance at the time that you were stopped, you may pay the fine or request a court hearing.