American Red Cross Lifeguarding
Learn to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies in a swimming pool; victim recognition, surveillance, equipment-based rescues.
- 15 years of age by the last scheduled day of class
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete the following timed event in 1 minute and 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, Swim 20 yards perform a surface dive 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10 lb. object, return to surface and swim with it 20 yards to start, exit the water without using a ladder.
The pre-course may be completed prior to registration and must be completed before the first class. Contact a Recreation Coordinator/Aquatics at 425-776-9173 ext. 1120 to set up an appointment.
Certifications are awarded providing all sessions were attended and successful completion of all skill sessions and written exams. Certifications include American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid & CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
Course fee covers pocket Mask, First Aid supplies and all Red Cross fees.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Review
Lifeguarding review classes are designed to help you update your skills while also extending your certification for another two years. This course will be a combination of classroom time and water skills practice. Participants must bring proof of current certification to the first class.
American Red Cross Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid
This class is taught using the Blended Learning Format which is a combination of online learning and in-person skills session. American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED program helps participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach the knowledge and skills needed to give immediate care to an injured or ill person and to decide whether advanced medical care is needed. Complete all lessons of the online learning session and pass the online assessment with a score of at least 80 percent. Participate in all course activities, demonstrate competency in all required skills, and successfully complete the Putting It All Together Assessment Scenarios. Certifications are valid for 2 years.
- Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid Skill Session November 10 4:30-6:30pm R $60 N$66
- Lifeguarding Review Course November 24 8am-6pm $90 NR$99
- Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid Skill Session December 8 4:30-6:30pm R $60 N$66
- Lifeguard Training: December 18-21 10am-6pm R$185 NR $205 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>